Two options in Windows, one is the official version, another is the scientific-oriented Python Distribution, such as ActivePython, Anaconda, Python(x,y), Pyzo, WinPython, etc..
Install the Official Version
Anaconda is a enterprise-ready Python distribution for big data.
- The installation of Anaconda on Windows is as simple as other regular Windows programs, just download the binary from https://www.continuum.io/downloads (I use Python 2.7), then install it.
Commands for managing packages:
conda install XXX
conda update XXX
conda update anaconda
conda remove XXX
conda clean -a
- If want use GNU Compiler to build Python Extensions, you should:
- Install the
libpython package provided by Anaconda:
conda install libpython
Create a file named
path2anaconda\Lib\distutils with contents:
Autograd: Efficiently Computes Derivatives of Numpy Code
- Installation: First check the dependencies, especially the version of Numpy, then the usual
pip install autograd.
- Installation: First check the dependence, especially those for Algopy, then the usual
pip install numdifftools.
Openopt: A Python Module for Numerical Optimization
- Dependency: setproctitle, it is a C extension, can download the whl file from Christoph Gohlke’s website